Your Privacy Rights
During 2020, Toyota shared Personal Information about our customers with specific third parties where the information was used for the recipient’s own marketing purposes.
If you have a connected vehicle, your vehicle may be equipped with Connected Services that electronically transmit vehicle-originated data (such as driving behavior data and vehicle health data) to Toyota. These Services may use your vehicle-originated data to respond to vehicle emergencies, find destinations or activate remote services. This vehicle-originated data is subject to the Toyota Connected Services Privacy Notice rather than the Toyota Privacy Statement. Please visit the Toyota Connected Services Privacy Notice at https://www.toyota.com/privacyvts/ for additional information.
This summary of the Toyota Privacy Statement applies to Personal Information (as defined below) collected by or on behalf of Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. (“Toyota,” “us,” or “our”). Some of our products and services may have additional privacy statements that apply, such as Toyota Connected Services. Where product- or service-specific privacy statements conflict with this Privacy Statement, those privacy statements shall govern. This Privacy Statement was last updated on January 1, 2021.
- We collect Personal Information that you provide, which may include your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and certain demographic information. We may collect Personal Information about you from third parties, including our affiliates and dealers.
- We collect and store “usage information” about how you use our technology platforms (including, without limitation, our Toyota-owned and branded websites, web pages, interactive features, applications, and mobile applications that link to this Privacy Statement (“Platforms”), such as the name of your Internet service provider, the browser and type of machine you are using, the IP address and the Web site that referred you to us and the pages you visit to help manage and enhance the Platforms.
- We use Personal Information to provide you with services or information you request, such as new vehicle information alerts, promotions and mailed brochures.
- We also collect and use Personal Information when you request to participate in promotional activities such as sweepstakes, contests, games, special events, blogs and chats.
- We share Personal Information with our service providers and business partners to assist us in fulfilling your requests and providing features and services for the Platforms.
- We also share Personal Information with companies affiliated with Toyota and our authorized dealers and their holding companies, dealer advertising associations and distributors for their own use.
- We, Web publishers, and other Web sites on which we advertise may target advertisements for products and services in which you might be interested based on your visits to both the Platforms and other Web sites.
- You have the right to have a copy of the Personal Information you provide to Toyota.
- You have the right to correct or update your Personal Information.
- You may instruct Toyota to remove you from our programs you have subscribed to by using the unsubscribe link provided in our email programs or by contacting us.
To contact us with a question call us at 800-331-4331 or mail your inquiry to:
Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
P.O. Box 259001
Plano, TX 75025-9001
UPDATED AS OF: January 1, 2021
Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. is committed to maintaining your confidence and trust as it relates to the privacy of your Personal Information (as defined below). Please read below and learn how we collect, protect, share and use your Personal Information including information we collect as part of our technology Platforms (including, without limitation, our Toyota-owned and branded websites, web pages, interactive features, applications, and mobile applications that link to this Privacy Statement (“Platforms”)), offline, and from third parties.
United States Only. This Privacy Statement describes our practices with respect to Personal Information collected regarding individuals in the United States. If you are located in another country, please review the applicable Toyota privacy statement for your country.
Toyota Connected Services. This Privacy Statement does not apply to any vehicle-originated data collected in connection with our Toyota Connected Services (such as driving behavior data and vehicle health data). Please visit www.toyota.com/privacyvts to learn more about our vehicle data collection, use and sharing practices.